Problem with Mould?

When mould spores are present in abnormally high quantities, they can present especially hazardous health risks to humans after prolonged exposure, including allergic reactions or poisoning.

Studies have shown that people who are atopic (sensitive), already suffer from allergies, asthma or compromised immune systems and who occupy damp or mouldy buildings, are at an increased risk of health problems such as inflammatory and toxic responses to mould spores. The most common health problem is an allergic reaction. Other problems are respiratory and/or immune system responses including respiratory symptoms, respiratory infections and exacerbation of asthma. A person’s reaction to mould depends on their sensitivity and other health conditions; the amount of mould present, length of exposure and the type of mould or mould products.

Damp environments which allow mould to grow can also produce bacteria and help release volatile organic compounds
Symptoms of mould exposure can include:

• Nasal and sinus congestion, runny nose
• Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing, chest tightness
• Cough
• Throat irritation
• Sneezing / Sneezing fits

The first step in solving an indoor mould problem is to remove the moisture source; new mould will begin to grow on moist, porous surfaces within 24 to 48 hours. The easiest and most practical solution is to position a portable de-humidifier from a reputable manufacturer such as Stadler Form.